GORSTY HALL FISHERY
Gorsty Hall fishing lakes are situated just outside Crewe in Balterley. There are 2 lakes; the main lake and the specimen lake. If you are looking for a local fishery to try as a seasoned angler or a new comer to the sport this place could be right up your street!
In this blog we are going to give you some information on both lakes with the fishery rules at the bottom.
The main pool can cater for both match fishermen and pleasure anglers alike, it is suitable for disabled anglers, with parking in bays around one side, gentle slopes down to the pool and even surfaces at the pegs. There is also a toilet for your convenience.
There are plenty of different species to go for as well; Roach to over 1lb, Bream to 5lb, Tench and small Perch. There are plenty of Carp to fish for; Ghost Carp, Common Carp, Mirror Carp and even some Grass Carp. You can expect to catch Carp with an average size of 8lb – 20lb and the lake record at 26lb.
Main Lake Prices –
- Dawn to Dusk – £10
- 24 hours (9am – 9.30am) – £20
- Method feeders with a 10mm banded or hair rigged pop up.
- Maggot feeder with a 6 inch hooklink.
- Fish the margins, or up against the pads in the summer.
- Smelly baits work really well!
The specimen lake is smaller than the main lake but much deeper and suits the angler that doesn’t mind waiting for a bite! The specimen lake has a higher average weight of fish than the main lake with Carp up to 20lb and some special ‘snow white’ Ghost Carp up to 17lb. The fish in this lake are in much better condition than the main lake.
specimen Lake Prices –
- Dawn to Dusk – £15
- 24 hours (9am – 9.30am) – £30
- Fish to the far deep margin.
- They don’t like disturbance so keep quiet and wait for them to show themselves.
- NO FLOATING BAITS
- NO BREAD
- BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY
- NO HOOKS BIGGER THAN SIZE 6
- NO FIXED LEADS
- LEAVE NO LITTER, PUT IT IN THE BINS PROVIDED
- NO DISPOSABLE BBQS ON THE GRASS, ELEVATED BBQS ARE OK
- NO MOTOR HOMES OR CARAVANS
As of April 2021 all matches are cancelled due to the current COVID situation. Please contact the fishery directly to arrange or take part in future matches.
GORSTY FACEBOOK PAGE – CLICK HERE