OCTOBER CLUB / FISHERY NEWS
Welcome to the HF fishery / club new page. On here you will find updates on all of the local fisheries from the last 4 weeks. Giving you the best idea of where is fishing well and who has been catching all the fish!
If there is somewhere you want to see features on this page then please send an email to email@example.com or leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Winterley has still been fishing well and the new booking system seems to be working well as well! Plenty of stunning fish have been coming of both lakes but you certainly have to work for those bites!
If you have not fished Winterely before I suggest you book in a visit. The stamp of fish is incredible, just look at this common caught last week!
If you want to book onto Winterley then head on over to the Lake Bookings Website.
The Border Fisheries complex has as usual been fishing very well(See below for an outline of results).
Memberships for this year have now sold out due to the massive surge of new anglers to the sport. Bay Malton have now opened up a waiting list for memberships for next year, so if you are interested in joining then i suggest you get in contact with them!
MOST RECENT 10 MATCHES…
Most recent 10 matches…
Thursday 1st October 2020 BMAC The Match Lake
- Section 1 Connor Edwards peg 9 73lbs 13oz
- Section 1 John Houlston peg 13 51lbs 5oz
- Section 2 Kurt peg 24 43lbs 5oz
- Section 2 Dave Hall peg 22 33lbs 15oz
Tuesday 29th September 2020 M C V The Match Lake
- Noel Farmer peg 12 37lbs 14oz
- C Brandon peg 22 33lbs 4oz
- Peter Floyd peg 28 33lbs 2oz
Thursday 24th September 2020 BMAC The Match Lake
- John Hulston peg 22 61lbs 15oz
- Kurt peg 28 52lbs 9oz
- Dave Ridge peg 31 51lbs 9oz
- Matt Williams peg 9 40lbs 5oz
Tuesday 22nd September 2020 M C V The Meridian Canal
- Barry Holmes peg 42 37lbs
- Dave Costello peg 30 32lbs 8oz
- Bob Meggs peg 26 29lbs 10oz
Saturday 19th September 2020
- N Evens peg 15 57lbs 9oz
- A Duckett peg 16 53lbs 6oz
- D Dickson peg 13 52lbs
- S Hanrey peg 21 48lbs 3oz
Sunday 13th September 2020 Don Bur The Match Lake
- P Cooper peg 22 64lbs 5oz
- L Perry peg 28 52lbs 9oz
- K Lowndes peg 26 33lbs 14oz
- P Frances peg 12 28lbs 4oz
Thursday 17th September 2020 BMAC The Meridian Canal
- Matt Williams peg 39 67lbs 8oz
- Connor Edwards peg 42 58lbs 8oz
- Dave Ridge peg 45 24lbs 6oz
- Noel Farmer peg 36 20lbs 15oz
Thursday 10th September 2020 BMAC The Match Lake
- Supprman Man Dave Jennings peg 10 71lbs 8oz
- Keep in in the family Connor Edwards peg 24 57lbs 12oz
- Dave Ridge peg 28 45lbs 14oz
- Dave Hall peg 17 40lbs 6oz
Tuesday 8th September 2020 M C V The Match Lake
- Peter Tomlinson peg 31 33lbs 8oz
- Noel Farmer peg 36 30lbs 11oz
- Dave Costello peg 12 again 29lbs 7oz
Sunday 6th September 2020 Post office AC The Match Lake
- Rich Myatt peg 31 113lbs 6oz
- Melvin Kearns peg 28 94lbs 8oz
- Jason Gentry peg 45 48lbs 12oz
- Bob Bond peg 29 40lbs 6oz
FOR A FULL LIST OF RESULTS PLEASE VISIT THE BAY MALTON WEBSITE HERE.
The club has now sold out of tickets for the year! This is the first time the club has been in this situation and are thankful to all new members.
Hurleston Reservoir and Jacksons lake have both been fishing well with big bags of bream& silvers coming off the Res and plenty of catches off Jacksons. The river has been slow for the past few weeks, but I am sure it will turn around soon.
RECENT MATCH RESULTS.
HURLESTON RESERVOIR MATCH Results 27 / 09 / 20
Few bream still showing considering sudden temp drop 1st David Lang 18-02 peg 22 , 1 past white Post 2nd Pete Stanley 17-11 peg 21 white post 3rd Tonggy 05 – 09 peg 17 steps 4th Steve Beaver 03-03 peg 23
HURLESTON RESERVOIR Results 20/09/20
10 Anglers Well bright conditions again today but it fished slightly better than last week 1st Gaz Oliver 33-08 peg 17 2nd David Lang 21-13 peg 15Sections Pumphouse Greg Hulme 16-03 peg 2Canal bank John Cheetham 9-6 peg 14
HURLESTON RESERVOIR RESULT 13/09/20
9 Fished 1st Kallum Oliver peg 3 again 12-06 2nd Tonngy peg 2 8-10SectionsPumphouse dave David Lang peg 4 again 8-09 Canal side Gary Billinge peg 16 5-0
HURLESTON RESERVOIR MATCH 06/09/20
12 ANGLERS 1ST Kallum Oliver 55-06 peg3 2ND Andrew Dunn 13-12 peg 10 Sections Pumphose Greg Hulme 13-05 peg 1Behind houses Jimmy Young 3-12 peg 9 Canal bank Gary Tyrell 6-12 peg 17
Fish have been coming off jacks recently as well likes this lovely Common Carp for Lucas and the lovely Crucian Carp below!
NEW CANAL STRETCHES
Middlewich Branch (Shropshire Union Canal)
The Middlewich Branch of the Shropshire Union Canal runs between Middlewich, where it joins the Trent and Mersey Canal, and Barbridge Junction, where it joins the main line of the Shropshire Union Canal.
Barbridge junction to lock 4 Cholmondeston
Railway bridge 5A to bridge 8 nannies
Members can fish these stretches immediately.
More details and map here.